At Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS in Fishers, we can answer your questions about improving your smile.
- Do you have a missing tooth?
- Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available?
- Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, you should examine the differences between a dental bridge and a dental implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem. The teeth next to the missing tooth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
Why does a dental implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- Usually stronger.
- Lessen the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- Easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- Lasts longer.
- Eventually, could support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to us about all of your treatment options. If you select a dental implant, it will probably be less pricey in the long run and will certainly feel better.
You can get treatment for the whole family all in one convenient location at Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS. Helping our dental patients maintain ideal dental health is important for us, and so is helping them achieve the smile they want through cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening and complete smile makeovers.