Wisdom Teeth Removal in Noblesville
In most people’s late teens to early twenties, their very back set of molars start to erupt. These molars are known as wisdom teeth and can cause serious health issues if they aren’t properly cared for.
Wisdom teeth are different for each individual, and dentists handle wisdom teeth removal on a case by case basis, but for most people, there isn’t quite enough room in the mouth for wisdom teeth to come in without being impacted, and extraction is necessary. Impacted wisdom teeth push against your other back molars and can cause serious pain.
When there isn’t enough room in the back of your mouth, the wisdom teeth can crowd and push into your other teeth, making the area difficult to clean and very painful. We perform early wisdom tooth removal in Noblesville for wisdom teeth that are likely to become impacted after they erupt.
Benefits of Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Removing the wisdom teeth prevents future problems with alignment if your teeth become too crowded.
- If the wisdom teeth are removed before they can impact than painful toothaches and other problems can be avoided.
- Removing the wisdom teeth prevents every other problem that impacted wisdom teeth may cause.
At Pence Family Dentistry in Fishers (just east of Carmel), we perform early wisdom tooth extractions, and can refer our patients with impacted wisdom teeth to a skilled oral surgeon.
The Wisdom Teeth Extraction Procedure
- Patients are administered anesthetic before the surgery and are cautioned not to eat or drink after the night before the surgery.
- Patients who receive the anesthetic generally sleep through the procedure.
- Once the procedure is over, patients are sent home with a loved one and the healing process can begin. The healing time can vary from person to person. If you want to know how long you may take to heal, ask Dr. Pence, DDS, or Dr. Behner, DDS.
Contact Us to Learn More About Wisdom Teeth Removal!
To find out more about wisdom tooth removal or to schedule an appointment simply call, text, or email us at our office. We would love to meet with you and discuss your wisdom teeth extraction if you are in the Indianapolis area, from Carmel and Noblesville to Fishers!