The desire to prohibit decay is one of the main reasons individuals visit their dentists
Today we are going to consider 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings ensue. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to set up an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among pre-teens, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is uncomplicated. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Fishers area, give Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Indianapolis since 1985.
Contact Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
9744 Lantern Rd