This blog post from Dental Care Today in Fishers is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA symbol on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental institution?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed purpose is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting dentistry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local societies. It was established in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a validation of the claims made by said product. Companies who want the ADA seal for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA certification.
The ADA does more than assess dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to carry out its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to maximize access to dental care
- Offers advice on essential issues that influence the dental industry
- Collaborates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
Dental Care Today in Fishers offers general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
9744 Lantern Rd