You may not be able to identify all the elements that blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. We mean a beautiful smile, like you can get from cosmetic dentistry at Dental Care Today in Fishers.
You may be surprised at how many components go into planning a smile redesign. Here are a few of the most obvious:
- Tooth color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other important elements that may be less familiar:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If vital design principles are not observed, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected.
Dental Care Today in Fishers offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry procedures that give you the beautiful smile you’ve dreamed of. These include teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental implants. Please visit our smile gallery to see what we can do for you. Schedule a consultation with us today.
Contact Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):