Invisalign Clear Braces
Get Straight Teeth in Indianapolis
Is the thought of walking around with a bunch of metal in your mouth giving you nightmares? You’re not alone! Though braces are an amazing solution for some of our patients, not everyone is keen on the idea of being called metal mouth.
What many people don’t realize is that straightening your teeth with traditional braces isn’t your only option. More and more of our patients are asking us about skipping metal braces altogether and fixing their smiles through Invisalign clear braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of custom-made plastic aligners that you switch out approximately every two weeks, gradually giving you straight teeth. Dr. Pence is an Indianapolis Invisalign dentist who constructs these clear aligners according to the exact calculations that will shift your teeth into place and create the confident smile you’ve been waiting for.
To create the plastic aligners used in orthodontic treatment, Dr. Pence must first take impressions of your teeth. In the past a physical mold of your teeth was taken using a goopy silicone putty. To make this process much easier for patients an Omnicam scanner is used to create digital impressions. This digital scanner technology is a godsend for patients with strong gag reflexes and turns a once uncomfortable experience into a seamless process.
In-house Clear Aligners
Dental Care Today PC is also proud to offer in-house clear aligners as an alternative to Invisalign. Our in-house aligners are perfect for minor cases and are more affordable than Invisalign. We still recommend Invisalign as the best choice for more complex cases, however.
The following conditions can be treated by Invisalign clear braces:
- Cross bite | When the lower and upper jaws are both misaligned, which can lead to gum disease and bone loss.
- Overly Crowded Teeth | If there’s no room in your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally, which can lead to plaque accumulation and tooth decay.
- Overbite | When your upper teeth bite over the lower teeth, which may also lead to gum disease and damaged front teeth.
- Spaced Teeth | When there are missing teeth, the rest of the teeth shift to fill extra space, putting you at risk of developing periodontal problems.
- Underbite | If your lower teeth stick out past the front teeth, causing joint and jaw pain and tooth wear.
Schedule an Invisalign Clear Braces Consultation in Fishers!
Surely, there are other alternatives for solving the above problems, and Invisalign clear braces may not be the treatment for you, which is why it is so important for you to come in to our office in Fishers, IN and meet with us. We serve everyone in the Indianapolis area, including Carmel and Noblesville. When recommending the best option for getting straight teeth, our qualified team considers factors such as the position of your back teeth and whether or not your canine teeth and premolars need to be shifted. Invisalign is an excellent solution for creating flawless smiles all around the world.