At Dental Care Today PC – E. Dale Behner DDS in Fishers, we understand how hard it is to avoid sweets altogether at parties and other gatherings. We encourage healthy living for all of our patients.
Here are 3 quick tips to help you minimize candy intake at parties:
- Have a healthy snack before you go. You’re less likely to overindulge due to hunger.
- Plan ahead what treats you want, then stick to your plan.
- Have a small portion, and fully enjoy it
Moderation in candy intake can help with the prevention of tooth decay, but so can consistent brushing and flossing and regular cleanings and check-ups at your dentist. Keeping the mouth clean and observing good oral hygiene are strong indicators for a healthy mouth.
We’re not here to tell our patients to abstain from sugar altogether. We’re not even here to tell you just to sneak a little. Just be sure to brush properly after eating candy. Keep in mind that eating chocolate, or other candy that washes away from your teeth quickly is better than chewy gummy candy that can stick in your teeth.
- sedation dentistry that can help ease your dental fears,
- In-House clear braces, and
- integrative and holistic dentistry.
Call us today to see how we can help.